Stay Healthy At Workviernes, febrero 26, 2016
1. Stretch: We know that by sitting at a desk and typing all day long can cause aches and pains, so when you feel the pain coming, you can try these 3 streches:
Stretch your back with a "big hug"
Hug your body, placing the right hand on your left shoulder and the left hand on your right shoulder.
Breathe in and out, releasing the area between your shoulder blades.
Cross your arms (for the shoulders and upper back)
Extend one arm out straight in front of you. With the other hand, grab the elbow of the outstretched arm and pull it across your chest, stretching your shoulder and upper back muscles.
Stretch out the other arm in front of you -- repeat.
Look up to release upper body
Sit up tall in your chair, or stand up. Stretch your arms overhead and interlock your fingers.
Turn the palms to the ceiling as you lift your chin up, tilt your head back, and gaze up at the ceiling, too.
Inhale, exhale, release.
2. Write 5 things that you're grateful for: Because a healthy life does not only include food and exercise. Recently, mental health professionals discovered that if you practice gratitude every day you'll be a more positive and less stress person. So everyday when you got to your office grab a notebook and write 5 things that you're grateful for. For example it could be, having a work, a car, people that loves you, something you're passionate about and more!
3. Take 10000 per day: Researchs found that if you take 10000 steps in a day it'll improve your health and decrease risk of heart disease. If you do this it should be enough to reduce your risk for disease and help you lead a longer, healthier life. So, take the long way. No matter if you go to work by car, bus, bicycle or walking (although this last two would be great) make as steps as you can.
4. Stay Hydrated: We all know all the benefits that drinking water gives to us. And if you are one of those people that don't like water, you can try some of the amazing tea that nuts have, here. They are so many favlors and types (green tea is my favourite) so is really great.
5. Take a walk: If you take a walk every few hours you're going to clear your mind and do exercise and the same time!
6. Keep healthy snacks handy: This is super important. If you have healthy snacks near your desk you won't buy junk food. Nuts has some pretty good snacks to bring to your work, and one thing that I find super cool even though I'm not one is that they have vegan snacks! You can see them both here, and here.
7. Take the stairs: It doesn't matter in which floor you are, always take the stairs! Your body will thank you later.