This is a different post from all the ones I've been doing recently ("recently" because I haven't post in a while), but as I was writing it I came to the realization that this is one of the best posts I've ever made, so I hope you really like it.
- If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done: Shoutout to whoever said this, but it's really true. And you can apply this to any situation. For example, I always wanted to climb a mountain, and this year I start preparing myself to that and I thought it was going to be so much easier that what it really is. But it's okay, you have to change your ways, your thoughts, and try harder than before, a lot harder. But you can, you got this.
- Don't plant all your happiness in one person and let it grow in them: People leave and the you're left with only sadness. So place your happines in forever things, like music, or art or movies or anything that makes you happy. Or even better, work on making yourself the happiest you've ever been.
- Things are going to be okay: It's like when you're driving at night and the road is calm. You see the starts and you're listening to music and for that moment you just feel so complete, you feel like everything is going to be okay, and that life is so so beautiful. Do this often, too.
- If you want something, don't sit on the couch and wait for it: Go out, make a change, smile, do new things that make you happy. Throw away old things that you've been cluttering, stop surrounding yourself with negative people.
- You have to live with your choices: I hope that you're doing things for yourself because people won't remember your choices in twenty years, but you have to live with them.
- Life is only as kind as you let it be: I don't know much about life, or love, or a lot of things. But if I've learned anything is that all that sadness, pain and toxic people are temporary. So be kind to yourself, with your life, and I promise that life will be kind to you.
- You don't have to get out of bed every day: There'll be days when you won't feel like waking up and be a person, so stay in bed, eat your favourite food and watch that movie that you like so much. It's okay to disconnect yourself from the world and the people in it sometimes.
- 99% of problemas can be fixed if you speak to the person you have a problem with: Don't create unnecessary drama and talk to everybody about the problem you have with x person instead of talking with he/she. For real, if you talk straight with that person it'll be a lot more simple.
- Go where you feel the most alive: if you are in problems, go to that place where you feel free and alive. Take a moment and breathe.
- Be grateful: Our lives could be gone in a moment, and it's kind of sad to think like that but the truth is that there are no guarantees that we will be here at this time next year. So live each day to the fullets, try to no complain, don't focus on what's wrong and instead be grateful for the good people and things you have in your life.
- Invest in people who invest in you: don't waste your time trying to make somebody stay. People will love you for who you are.
- Everyone's pain is different: I don't like when people compare. I hate when people marginalize their feelings because they thing they're not allowed to have them. Someone will always have a tougher time than you. That doesn't mean you're not allowed to feel hurt or sad. Never forget that.
- Start your life again whenever you need to: Don't be too hard on yourself for crying, you need to vent in order to move on to better times. If things don't work out, stop forcing them. And don't run away, it doesn't always solve everything because sometimes the reason that made you run will still be with you. Focus on freeing yourself so you can start a new life.
, by Paula Loreti